As with most types of citrus, Limoneira oranges are versatile, delicious fruits with lots of possibilities!
You can watch the video above for an idea for blood oranges and chia, perfect for breakfast!
Also, see below for some excellent uses for specialty citrus:
- Deodorize – Squeeze the juice of one Cara Cara or blood orange and the juice of one lemon into the liquid detergent compartment. Run the dishwasher while empty and set to steam dry. The citric acid in the fruit will help neutralize the odor, leaving your kitchen smelling sweeter in no time!
- Exfoliate – A good face scrub is a key component in any skincare routine. Take 2 TBSP coconut oil, ½ a juiced Cara Cara or blood orange, and ¾ cup coarse sugar. Mix together and use as an exfoliating scrub on clean hands or on your body.
- Hydrate – Did you know that Vitamin C is good for your hair, as well as you skin? Create anorange-lemon rinse using: ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 cup warm water and 1 teaspoon honey. After straining the lemon and orange juice for pulp, add all ingredients together. After shampooing your hair as normal, pour the orange-lemon rinse into your hair slowly, massaging it into your scalp and working it through the hair to the ends. Leave in for 5-10 minutes and rinse thoroughly. Your healthy, shiny hair will thank you!
- Clean – What you’ll need: a glass jar, citrus peels (two oranges, one grapefruit and one lemon), white vinegar and a clear spray bottle. Simply trim away as much of the white pith as possible from the citrus peels and place in a jar. Pour in enough white vinegar to cover the peels and cover the top of the jar. Let this mixture sit for 1-2 weeks, or until the vinegar has turned darkorange. It should also smell of oranges – if it doesn’t, allow it to sit longer and/or add more peels. Shake the jar every 2 days to speed the process – then, transfer to spray bottle and use as desired.
- Snack – Of course, we’d be remiss if we didn’t recommend simply snacking on these delicious citrus fruits from time to time. Eating an orange a day can go a long way towards keeping your skin and hair healthy! And if you’re on the hunt for recipes, the Limoneira Pinterest andYouTube channels will be your new best friends. Follow and Subscribe!